Monday, July 26, 2010

Such a simple thing, how did I get unplugged?

(NLT) Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

I pushed the switch on the table lamp in our dark foyer. The darkness remained. So, I pulled my mobile phone from it's holster and used the light from it's screen to inspect the problem. The power cord lay on the floor right below it's source of strength. Upon plugging the cord into the outlet the room filled with light and the darkness was dispelled.

Well, that's just common sense, right? Do you ever find yourself void of spiritual light or strength? Are you weary in well doing? Unlike the lamp which has no ability to reach for the outlet, we can, at any time reach for Christ, or at the least cry out to Him for aid. Like that lamp we are not far from the source of our strength. He will not leave, nor forsake us.

The point is to be connected to Christ through prayer. Have you talked to Him today? Have you listened for His voice for direction? Have you looked to Him for real rest?

Today, talk to Christ, listen to Him and ask Him for His rest.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Steve Sherwood Sr.

No comments: