Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday A Prayer for Calm

(NLT) Mark 4:39-40
When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. [40] Then he asked them, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

Dear Heavenly Father,

Some of our friends, Your children, are smack dab in the middle of a storm right now. Though they know the promise that You will not leave us nor forsake us, it seems to them that You are asleep in the boat.

You have carried me through many storms. At times it was clear that You cried out, "Peace, be still!"  At other times I questioned Your purpose, care and love until my feet were on dry ground on the other side. A few times I stood strong, by Your grace and mercy, but in every storm I've been through I know You were there watching over me.

Papa, I'm asking You right now, whether You calm the storms or secretly guide the vessel, strengthen our friends with Your grace and mercy. In their weakest moments let them feel Your loving arms around them. Give them a glimpse of the shore line. Send them a dove with an olive branch, a friend with a kind word, a reminder that someone is praying for them right now or perhaps a mighty miracle. Please do not let their faith in You fail.

In the Powerful and Holy Name of Jesus Christ the Righteous,
AMEN!

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr.

No comments: