Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chosen

(NLT) Philippians 1:7 So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart. You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News.

(NLT) John 15:16
You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.

(NLT) John 15:19
The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.

I'm not going to get into any deep discussion over the sovereignty of God, or Calvinism vs Armenianism. (NLT) Psalm 131:1
Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don't concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp.

Today, just soak your mind in the humbling fact that your Heavenly Father chose you. He, God chose you to be His child, to come out of the world, to join Him in sharing the good news of Christ, and to receive answers to prayer.

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood, Sr.

No comments: