Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thinking on Jesus. Think I'm gonna burst.

(NLT)Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

" Are you allergic to anything Mr. Sherwood?" the nurse asked.
" Just pain." I replied. "It causes me to break out... in screams."

When was the last time you were so overwhelmed with joy over the goodness of the Lord that you burst out in songs of thanksgiving?

I've seen this happen in church services when the preacher would bring a charismatic message about the resurrection or heaven or some other topic that touches the heart strings of the believer. There are certain preachers who are good at generating this kind of response from God's people. In this Psalm the writer is praying and in his praying recognizes the blessings of God's protection and then he burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Today don't wait for someone else to point out God's goodness to you. Spend time thinking about Who He is, what He has done, how He has helped and how He has promised to continue doing so. Think on those things until you burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr

No comments: