Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dread or Hope?

(NLT)Romans 5:2
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory.

1. We stand in a place of undeserved privilege.

2. We can confidently and joyfully look forward.

3. We get to share in His glory.

I want to focus on the second point. Recently God spoke to me about my own expectations. I found myself dreading many things. This was not a paralyzing dread, but an expectancy of trouble ahead. I dreaded conversations, appointments, trips, vacations, days off, church services and the list goes on.

If God is God, in control, working all things out for the good of those who love Him and I am His child then I can confidently and joyfully look forward.

His words to me were, "Approach life with thanksgiving and hope, not dread."

Today, I choose to approach life with confident, thankful hope and joy. Will you join me?

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood, Sr.

No comments: