Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday A Calm and Undisturbed Mind

(AMP) Proverbs 14:30
A calm and undisturbed mind and heart are the life and health of the body, but envy, jealousy, and wrath are like rottenness of the bones.

Monday we spoke about turning our thoughts to our Heavenly Father.
Tuesday we spoke about how the Word of God is a comfort.

There is no doubt the Word brings comfort, but just reading it not enough.
(NLT) Luke 6:47-49
I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. [48] It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. [49] But anyone who hears and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins."

I had a professor in college that would pray for us before a test. I didn't like the way he prayed. "Dear Lord," he would say, "help these students remember what they've studied." I needed a miracle, not practicality. God gives us directions to follow and promises, if we follow them, He will carry us through whatever storms of life come our way. Though it is true that none of us can follow them completely, Jesus did say, if you love me keep my commandments. So, to ignore them is impractical at best and disobedient at worst.

Today, for a calm and undisturbed mind ask the Lord if.

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood, Sr.

No comments: