Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fishers of Men

Fishers of men

(NLT) Matthew 4:19
Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!"

I enjoy fishing, but I'm not crazy about cleaning the catch. That's the beauty of fishing for people. It's the Holy Spirits job to clean them. We are to encourage them and to teach them but He has to move in their hearts or they won't move in His direction.

The Great Banquet Community has a saying, "Talk to God about your friend before you talk to your friend about God."  Jesus said, (NLT) John 15:5
"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."

Today, these thoughts may seem a little random. However, I encourage you to talk to your best friend, Jesus, about going fishing for some others. Then listen to the Holy Spirit as He guides you, but go fishing.

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr.

No comments: