Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How to do what you do.

Col 3:17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

"What-EV-errrrr." -- Valley Girl Groan.

I don't know who first said, "Whatever" in such a sarcastic tone, but it has drawn many laughs and many rolled eyes from parents.

The "whatever" in our verse today is an all inclusive "whatever". It calls us to surrender every conversation and every action to God. This call is not to be answered grudgingly. Rather, every word and every action is to be carried out with a grateful heart to God our Father through our Lord Jesus Christ. In other words, today take on every task with this attitude, "Yes my Lord, I am thankful for the opportunity to serve You. Guide me by Your Holy Spirit that You will be glorified through my words and actions."

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr

No comments: