Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's Shaken?

Psalm 62:1 I wait quietly before God,  for my victory comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,  my fortress where I will never be shaken. 3 So many enemies against one man—  all of them trying to kill me.To them I'm just a broken-down wall  or a tottering fence. 4 They plan to topple me from my high position.  They delight in telling lies about me.They praise me to my face  but curse me in their hearts.    Interlude 5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,  for my hope is in him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,  my fortress where I will not be shaken. 7 My victory and honor come from God alone.  He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. 8 O my people, trust in him at all times.  Pour out your heart to him,  for God is our refuge.

Hebrews 12:26 When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: "Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also." 27 This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain. 28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 29 For our God is a devouring fire.

Sometimes our enemies try to shake our faith. Sometimes the shaking we sense is our Awesome God tearing loose everything that cannot remain. That would be anything that is not of Him.

I've heard that the safest place to be in a building during an earth quake is in a door way. John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. (NKJV)

Psalm 62:1 I wait quietly before God,  for my victory comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,  my fortress where I will never be shaken.

Today, whatever you are burdened with, take it to God in prayer and trust that He will hold you firm. Wait quietly (peacefully) before Him.

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr

No comments: