Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hard stuff and "P" words

(NLT)James 1:12
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Oh! That verse has one of those "P" words in it, "patiently." And on top of that "endure" implies perseverence, another "P" word. Ah! But notice the last phrase, "to those who love him."

We scoff and scowl at the hard stuff of life. We grumble and complain through chores, trials, testing and temptation. We know little of fasting on purpose with patience and perseverence because we, like the pharisees make long faces so to appear to be fasting, and after all, it's hard.

Today search your heart. Ask yourself, "Do I love my Lord, Savior and God, Jesus Christ?" "Do my responses to the hard stuff of life show that I love my Lord, Savior and God, Jesus Christ?" Ow! More hard stuff!

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr.

No comments: