Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Afraid

(NLT)Psalm 56:9-11
My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side! [10] I praise God for what he has promised; Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised. [11] I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?

(NLT)Matthew 14:27
But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here!"

I think I was about 10. A gang of kids from the street behind our house had decided to play in the neighborhood park. Their leader, Andy, didn't like me and decided this would be the day they would teach me a lesson. As far as I knew, I was alone and about to be pummeled, when suddenly the whole gang stopped with wide eyed fearful faces. From behind me I heard my brother, four years my senior and twice the size of any other kid in the park, "What's the problem boys?"
In one accord they chimed, "Oh! No problem!" And they left.

Today remember that He, your God and Creator Who, by the way, is bigger than any problem, demon, or bully you will face, is with you. Take courage, He is with you, on your side if you are abiding in Him.

Love in Christ,
Steve Sherwood Sr

No comments: