Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year

2008. Wasn't it just 1997? No. I remember things that happened after that, such as a move to Kokomo, IN to begin Pastoring Fairview Baptist Church. Then the children, Steven and Stephanie really started growing up. Is it allowed for children to grow so fast? Whether allowed or not, they do it.

In the last two years they both graduated high school and got married. Steven's wedding was prepared and over before we were able to give it much thought.* Stephanie's was this last August 25.** We knew about her wedding since Christmas 2006. We had much time to contemplate and reminisce. We cried a lot. My little girl is now a young woman... am I really that old?

One of our Christmas cards this year was an announcement. Steven's wife Sarah is pregnant with our first grandchild. :) Yes, I really am that old.

But life is no where near over, Lord willing. Should the Lord allow me to continue I plan to be a better disciple and disciple trainer in this "New Year." I also hope to become about 85% of the man I now am... physically. ;)


*(Steven married Sarah, a delightful and beautiful young lady who loves him greatly. Thank You, Lord.)

**(Steph married Nate, a loving young man who takes great care of her. For him we are also very grateful.)

No comments: